Easter is finally upon us, which allows us the opportunity to meditate on the resurrection of Our Lord and celebrate with great food as well. Baking delicious cakes, cookies, and pies for Easter is a delightful tradition, and Sweet Melissa Patisserie would love to offer you a few helpful tips on how to do it well.
Easter Baking Tips
Here are some basic strategies that will make your Easter baking easier, more productive, and tastier.
- Choose a good centerpiece dessert.
- It makes sense to have a game plan for your largest Easter dessert item. Do you want to make a huge array of Easter eggs? How about an Italian Cream Cheese and Ricotta Cheesecake? Then again, you might prefer to go for something really chocolatey or make dozens of cupcakes. At any rate, make sure you know what you (and your guests) really want for a dessert centerpiece.
- Melt chocolate like a pro.
- It’s not hard to learn how to melt chocolate, but you want to avoid burning things and making a mess. We discuss lots of baking techniques and simple tricks like this in our extensive recipe cookbook as well.
- Bake ahead of time.
- Especially if you plan to go all out for Easter with a large family meal, you’ll want to anticipate how you’re going to accomplish everything. Timing is pretty critical. It’s a wise move to bake cookies and cakes the night before Easter so that you don’t monopolize kitchen/oven space during one day in a mad dash to cover all the food prep.
- Learn how to ice a cake easily and beautifully.
- Check out this neat way to decorate, so that your cake will never look sloppy again.
- Never waste anything!
- Savvy bakers know how to utilize ingredients effectively and save unused raw materials for later. You can use leftover Easter eggs for cake decoration or biscuits the day after Easter. Don’t forget to freeze whatever you don’t use by tightly wrapping/sealing excess dough and other items with baking paper.
- Show your children how to do their part.
- It’s so much fun to bond with children and pass down useful cooking/baking skills. We warmly encourage you to enjoy precious family time, and one way to do that is by letting the young ones mix the batter, help you decorate, or shape the cookies.
These are just a few ways you can maximize your baking potential and hopefully create ever-superior dessert items.
Sweet Melissa Patisserie enjoys sharing these helpful hints that can help you conquer many of your baking endeavors. You should visit us sometime in Lebanon, NJ, to find even further culinary inspiration. We have a wonderful restaurant and dessert bakery with countless volumes of cakes, tarts, cookies, turnovers, and more for you to try. If you’d like to know more before visiting, call us any time at 908-323-4260.