Cakes, pies, and other pastries are always a terrific way to add some extra love to any holiday or celebration. Father’s Day is certainly no exception. So, let’s check out the best cake options that dad is sure to enjoy.
Best Cakes for Father’s Day
- Six-Layer S’mores Cake
- Once you cut into this rich cake, you can’t help but marvel at all six layers. It’s like culinary stratigraphy and tastes even better. Dad may have to redouble his effort at the gym for a couple of weeks after indulging in this incredibly rich pastry.
- New York Style Cheesecake
- There are several varieties of cheesecake from all over the world. We highlight the New York version because it’s famous for its copious volume of cream cheese. It’s hard to find a cake that delivers better in that regard. You can also try the Chicago style, which presents itself well in a frozen form.
- Chocolate Sheet Cake
- There are many great chocolate cakes, including German Chocolate Cake or Black Forest Cake. Chocolate Sheet Cake might be a home run with your father if you want to decorate something large with a commemorative message. This one’s usually large and rectangular, giving you lots of room for creative license.
- Carrot Cake
- Would you rather have a subtler taste of cream cheese on top rather than as the base with cheesecake? Then carrot cake is the way to go. It’s also a great cake to mix with several fruits, including raisins, coconut, and even pineapple.
- French Silk Pie
- We had to include at least one pie on this list because many distinguished gentlemen, perhaps your father, prefer it over cake. Granted, this one is really chocolaty and may only require a small slice to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Devil’s Food Cake
- This one shares many similarities with red velvet cake, though it’s usually a brown filling with either strawberry or vanilla icing. They started making it in the U.S. at around the turn of the 20th century. If you’re not fond of the name, you could always try its tasty relative, Angel Food Cake, instead.
Many of these are options you can bake yourself, or, better yet, attain our services in making them. A picture’s worth a thousand words, so don’t forget to feast your eyes on the photo gallery of our delectable desserts. It’s basically our photographic online resume for showcasing incredible dessert items you won’t find in grocery stores.
Other than that, have a Happy Father’s Day!
Sweet Melissa Patisserie runs the best bakery in Lebanon, NJ. We even have our own cookbook, The Sweet Melissa Baking Book, that NPR included as one of the “Top Cookbooks of 2008.” You can use it to find several suggestions for great Father’s Day cakes. If you need any other help, feel free to call us at 908-323-2460.